- Mark words that you like or find interesting with a pen or highlighter (in a book that you own).
- If you come across a word that you can't understand, look it up on google.com
- Looking for the right word to use? You can find synonyms and antonyms for a word on thesaurus.com
- Pay close attention to your writing, making sure you don't use the same words over and over again.
- Put what you've been working on, away for a day or two. Check your writing and edit if you need.
- Join a writers' group.
- Take some courses on writing.
- Buy books that offer tips (amazon.com)
- Read often.
- Try to add new words to your vocabulary.
- Ask for opinions on your writing from friends, family, and etc.
- Ask for advice from authors/writers.