Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Kindle + Free Books

The Kindle application isn't just for hand-held devices anymore (tablet computers, iPhone, Blackberry...), you can now download it for your PC or Mac. You can download it for the PC here: amazon.com // It's free and the size for downloading is relatively small. Here's where you can download it for the Mac: amazon.com.

Pros:

Amazon does offer some books to download for free. It's easy and quick! I also love the idea that all of your books can be stored on the computer instead of your shelf. What are you going to do with that clutter of books you have? This is a great way to have less books stored in your house. I really like this idea...

Cons:

One of the reasons I love to read books is that it keeps me off of the computer (something that I do too often). I like to be able to hold a book in my hand. Another problem I find is, reading on the computer for a long period of time can be hard on your eyes. It probably can't be good to stare at the screen and read for hours.

Free Christian Books:

Here is a list of free Christian books that I found on Amazon:

A Gift of Grace by Amy Clipston
The Homeplace by Gilbert Morris
A Passion Most Pure by Julie Lessman
A Rush of Wings by Kristen Heitzmann
A Very Special Delivery by Linda Goodnight
Homespun Bride by Jillian Hart 

There's also a huge choice of popular classics to download and they're all free: amazon.com

What is your opinion on Kindle? Prefer reading books?

God bless!
~Grace

No comments: